Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) is a heart defect that is present at birth which can either come in the form of:
- A hole in the heart
- Defective vessels
- Leaky valves
- Missing chambers
A patient born with this type of condition requires lifelong care for them to live long and healthy lives. However, with almost 85% of patients surviving to adulthood, they may not realize that they do.
Smile Homecare Agency, Inc., a professional provider of home care services in Brooklyn, New York, would like to go over 3 important reasons why patients with CHD require lifelong specialized care.
- Patients consider childhood treatments as “cures” when in reality, it isn’t. Childhood treatments can be outgrown, it can lose its effectiveness, and it can trigger more complicated issues later in adulthood.
- The typical symptoms of CHD may not have been there before but slowly manifests itself later on in life. Symptoms include:
- Sudden loss of consciousness
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Shortness of breath
- Patients that require unique care need a specialist to administer:
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Medical intervention
- Surgery or transplantation
Does your loved one need affordable care?
We provide kind and compassionate Companionship Care for individuals who need extra love and attention.